The wood for the floors is here, and there's loads of it. It smells good too. It has to sit for a week before the work can begin, but thankfully by then we'll be on vacation in Nova Scotia (for a few days) and Prince Edward Island (for a whole blissful week). So that means we have a bit of work to do a-sap and it's all making me a mite bit stressed.
Let's see what has to happen by Tuesday, shall we:
- clear out the entire main level of our house (kitchen cabinets excluded, thank todd) and also enough space in our garage for movers to stack all the big furniture on Tuesday morning
- pack up two adults and two kids for a ten-day trip out of country (and presumably the clothes we pack should be clean)
- take a uncooperative cat to the vet since he has to be kenneled and it turns out he's now open for rabies
- nurse a small boy who is mysteriously sick with some sort of virus (?) that gives him a fever and causes him to vomit every few hours (poor sweetie)
- stay up at night worrying that Olivia will catch said sickness and a) cause us to stay home b) throw up on the plane making us wish we had stayed home, or c) have a swine-flu-like fever at the Canadian border causing us to be sent back home
- track down a specific rare brand and shade of ballet tights (the wrong kind would ruin everything) to replace the ripped ones Olivia is supposed to wear in her three onstage minutes of a 2.5 hour dance recital on Sunday Yay! Jenn has a spare pair!! (Still must glue-gun the other parts of her costume that are coming loose)
- return library books because they're about to come after me (again)
- celebrate Father's Day in there somewhere.
Oy. My head hurts just thinking about it.